Wednesday, August 11, 2004

..Ohh..This Glorious Madness...

Once again, the power has gone out while trying to write a post, leaving me to try again. Good thing this laptop has a battery to keep me going, however, that does nothing to help re-connect me to the net.

You'd think having our own geothermal energy plant on the island would cut down the number of power outages, but apparently not. Even on an island with less than half the population of Honolulu, we seem to exceed our usage, even at 04:15 in the morning!

At least i was able to finish downloading some music tracks (paid for!) before the power went out. I seem to be on a country music kick for the last year, which is directly attributable to my Dear Laura. That doesn't mean i'm not also listening to other types of music, it's just i find i'm listening to more country-type music than i ever did before. Of course, my tastes tend to lean more toward the New Country genre, its more like pop or contemporary.

I downloaded some Sarah McLachlan, Faith Hill, Lee-Ann Womack, Shania Twain, and Martina McBride tracks before my connection was lost. Is it just me, or do all these singers tend to be incredibly attractive? Aren't any of them just "plain janes"? Maybe it's their makeup artists....

I tend to favor Shania Twain over the others, she just seems so full of dynamic energy, even in her ballads. Faith Hill has the best "breathe-y" seductive voice, and Sarah McLachlan has a nice melancholy voice, good for slipping you away.

I hope you all are taking time to enjoy your own collections of music!

~JackDaKat~

No comments: